Full Time Position
Location: Burlington, Ontario
ABELSoft Inc. is a dynamic and growth-oriented developer and marketer of medical and dental clinical & practice management software. Our team is acutely focused on continually upgrading and refining our products and services to ensure customer happiness, optimal usability and market leadership.
The Product Owner we currently seek is someone who is passionate about always improving and delivering software solutions that transform users into advocates. Someone with meaningful experience as a Product Owner or Senior Business Analyst as a key member of an Agile team. Someone thirsty for challenge and inspired to share knowledge, learn and grow.
Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Define and align the product vision, roadmap and growth opportunities with strategic goals and rally stakeholders to that direction
- Provide focus for the team through clear goals for releases and iterations, maximizing priorities with a product backlog ranked by business value, effort, and risk li>
- Collaborate with the team and stakeholders to write features, stories and acceptance criteria sufficiently detailed for the team to deliver successfully within a Sprint
- Actively participate in Sprint events including Planning, Daily Scrums, Reviews, Retrospectives, and Backlog Refinement
- Support the team with workflow planning, thinking ahead to mitigate or remove impediments that impact goals
What does it take to join our team?
This is a role to challenge more than your technical skills! It will test your ability to provide both leadership and collaboration with agile development and cross-functional teams. It will push you to keep up to date with fast-changing technology and further hone your outstanding communication and presentation skills. You require:
- Expertise usually acquired through 3+ years’ experience as a Product Owner, Senior BA or PMP coupled with a degree or diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Project Management or other related field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies and Scrum processes
- Analytical, creative thinking with an ability to align teams on a vision, lead product release planning and set expectations for delivery of new functionality
- Healthcare/dental industry experience would be an asset
- Marketing/social media/online reputation management experience would be an asset
Do you thrive on challenge and enjoy collaborating in a dynamic team-based environment? Are you a self-motivated achiever who can produce consistent and reliable results? Are you well organized and attentive to detail? If so, and you meet the stated qualifications, please send us your resume.
3310 South Service Road
Burlington, ON L7N 3M6
Diversity, equality and accessibility are the foundation of all our employment practices.
We thank all applicants; however, will contact only those under consideration. No phone inquiries please. All applications will be held in confidence.